Polyester Product Description
ERTALYTE TX is a polyethylene terephtalate compound incorporating a uniformly dispersed solid lubricant.
Its specific formulation yields a premium, internally lubricated bearing-grade.
ERTALYTE TX has not only an outstanding wear resistance, but offers in comparison with ERTALYTE and even lower coefficient of friction as well as higher Pressure-Velocity capabilities.
- Very good creep resistance
- High mechanical strength, stiffness and hardness
- Excellent wear resistance (comparable or even better than Nylon grades)
- Very good dimensional stability (better than polyacetal)
- Excellent stain resistance
- Better resistance to acids than nylon and polyacetal.
- Good electrical insulating properties
- Physiologically inert (suitable for food contact)
- Good resistance to high energy radiation (Gamma and X-rays)
Polyester Plastics Applications:
- Precision gears and bearings
- Thrust washers
- Pump components
- Components for mechanisms of precisions